Ten tattoo tips
So, I’ve gotten tattoed a couple of times now, and I’ve learned a few things, and I thought I would share some tips. These are just my experiences and my tips, so I am no expert, but this is what I kind of have in mind when I get tattooed.
1. Be sure what you want to get. Don’t get something without thinking about it a little. Be sure about the placement and what the tattoo is going to be. Also, think about the size and placement. If it’s your first, don’t get your whole back done, or get something on your throat. It’s going to be there forever.
2. Do some research. Don’t just go anywhere, do research on the shops, and the artists work. Check out the style of tattoos they do, and see if they could do the style you want. I’ve made that mistake, and was a little impulsive.
3. Don’t just think about price. You pay for what you get, but you want the price to be fair. I have payed a lot for a shitty tattoo, and that really sucked. Make sure you agree on the price, and be smart.
4. People are going to have opinions, but make sure you get your tattoo for you, and not for anyone else. You are the one getting the tattoo. Of course it’s ok to ask friends and family and the artist for tips and what they think, but it’s going to be on your body forever.
5. Bring somebody. Take a friend or a family member with you, but not your whole squad. You don’t need 12 people in the room with you. The artist will probably not appreciate that either. It’s also nice bringing someone in case you need anything, but let them take a walk if your going to be there for 7 hours.
6. Eat a lot! I recently learned the hard way, when I was stupid and didn’t eat before touching up my finger tattoo. I thought it was going to be quick, but that goes to show that even small tattoos can make you pass out. I nearly fainted, and had to get my brother to go buy me a chocolate. Eat a nice meal before the session, and bring drinks and snacks if you know it’s going to be a while. Keep your blood sugar up. Don’t be afraid to tell the artist if something feels wrong either.
7. Make sure you are feeling good. Don’t go out partying and drinking the night before, waking up feeling like shit. The way you feel effects how you’re going to feel while getting tattooed. Have a good night sleep, and be well rested and relaxed.
8. Bring photos and show the artist what you want. If you can go to the tattooshop and show the artist, and get them to draw something for you, that would be best. Don’t book an appointment without knowing anything and wasting time.
9. It’s going to hurt. A tattoo hurts. Getting a tattoo is painful. It is needles poking into your skin, and it burns. It feels like you are sunburnt, and then getting clawed by a tiger. I hate it. Bring painkillers.
10. Take care of your tattoo afterwards. Listen to what the artist tells you, and use the right creams and products after getting tattoed. The healing process has a bit to do with the result of the tattoo. Don’t be half assing and not taking care of your fresh tattoo.
So, these are my tips. I hope they are to some help. I usually think things through before getting a tattoo, and do a lot of research and thinking before getting tattoed. And I’ve made mistakes and I’ve been smart. Hope you liked it.